11.06.2011

BE YOUR BEST SELF | Oprah’s Live Facebook Interview

This video spoke VOLUMES to me, and I wanted to share it on my blog – it’s long, but it’s worth taking the time to watch. Toward the beginning of Oprah’s live Facebook interview, she talks about feeling “fear” when she made the decision to end her show and open her own network.

While obviously on a much smaller scale, I felt a great deal of this before launching the new line and website. Oprah asked herself, “What would I do if I wasn’t afraid?” Subconsciously, I wondered the same thing. Taking the step to focus my business energy on something different altogether felt like a huge risk, but it was a change I felt was necessary - not just for myself, but for what I thought I could offer women everywhere. Oprah goes on to mention that she feels that part of her mission is to get people to see the best of the themselves, to be individually empowered.

That is the similar mission of this brand - to help women feel individually empowered, to express their essence and to celebrate themselves.

One of my favorite things Oprah says in this interview is, “I think that what we all desire is the fullest, highest expression of ourselves.”

Couldn’t have said it better. When we think of who we want to become, when we set goals or we think of ways to be better people, we are essentially setting our sights on the highest expression of ourselves.

BE YOUR BEST SELF. Make the choice to be as AMAZING as you have the potential to be. Everyone is destined for greatness!

No comments: